about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Monday, September 17, 2012

Tallahassee

We headed out of town Friday to go to Tallahassee to visit our friends Lauren and Todd. It just so happened that Wake was playing FSU. We won't talk about the results of the game because FSU is extremely good and Wake is terrible! sad to say but I think the years of Wake going to the Orange Bowl, ACC champs and having a winning record are over.
Friday night we hung out at Lauren and Todds house and we cooked out and have delicious white sangria! Saturday we are up super early to tailgate and head to the game. It was scorching outside! Lauren and I were sweating like no other so when the score was already 28 to 0 with 9 minutes left in the second quarter we said we are out of here and walked to a restaurant near by to have some drinks and appetizers while the boys sweat it out! I know Jeff wanted to see all of his coaches from college so that was good.


We then went home and took some naps and got freshened up and went up to Thomasville, GA. My how things change the last place we wanted to go were the bars on the "strip" where we lived when we use to live in tallahassee for college. The town was so cute I want to go back when the shops are open. But we went to dinner at this place called Jonah's. The food was absolutely to die for. Everything we had was delicious. I had parmesan crusted grouper with grits and I couldn't even eat half of it I was so full but it was amazing!! We definitely will have to make a trip back there next time we are in town.

Since my birthday was a couple of weeks ago Lauren made me homemade oreo ice cream cake! I hate to admit it but I had two slices of that sucker. It was probably one of the best desserts I have ever made. I am going to have to try to make it.


We had to get up early on Sunday so I could drop Jeff off downtown at the Jaguar game and I came home to relax and get ready for the week to start. It was great seeing Lauren and Todd as always. We sure wish they lived closer so we could see them more frequently.


1 comment:

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity