about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Monday, February 21, 2011

Better Late than Never

I am a little late posting about my weekend from a week ago, but better late than never! Saturday we had little baby Camdyn's baptism and a luncheon to celebrate. She looked beautiful and did not even cry a bit when they baptized her. She was perfect! We then went to Maggianos and ate delicious food and just hung out with some of friends.



Jeff and I then had to head downtown to pick up my race packet because the night morning was my half marathon.

I had to wake up at like 4:30 to go meet girls I work with and get down there. It was freezing and we got there entirely to early! I was not a happy camper just standing around in the freezing cold. Finally they shot the gun and we were off for 13.1 miles. It was amazing how many survivors and people were there to support you on both sides of the road for the entire thing. They had live bands at different points of the race also. It really made the 13.1 miles go by quicker than you thought. All in all I had a great time and finished my first half marathon. I will definitely be doing it again and hopefully be running a little more of it next year.

Here is most of the group from my work that I walked with!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity