about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Turkey Meatloaf

My husband does not like meatloaf and I do. We have been trying to eat healthy around our house lately so I made Turkey Meatloaf from the Weight Watchers recipe. It was the best meatloaf I have ever had and Jeff loved it. Here is the recipe as I highly recommend you try it at home. Delicious and healthy!!



Ingredients

1 Tbsp olive oil
3/4 cup(s) onion(s), finely chopped
1/4 cup(s) green pepper(s), finely chopped
2 clove(s) (medium) garlic clove(s), minced
1/4 cup(s) low-fat shredded cheddar cheese, sharp
1/4 cup(s) seasoned bread crumbs
1 1/2 tsp italian seasoning
1 tsp ketchup
1/2 tsp table salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1 large egg(s), lightly beaten
1 1/4 pound(s) uncooked ground turkey breast
1 spray(s) cooking spray
1/2 cup(s) ketchup
1 Tbsp unpacked light brown sugar
1 tsp mustard


Instructions

Preheat oven to 350°F.

Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion, bell pepper and garlic; sauté 3 minutes. Cool.

Combine onion mixture, cheese and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; toss to moisten bread. Crumble turkey over onion mixture; stir just until blended.

Pack meat mixture into an 8 x 4-inch loaf pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350°F for 35 minutes. Combine 1⁄2 cup ketchup, brown sugar and mustard in a small bowl; stir well.

Spread ketchup mixture over meat loaf and bake an additional 5 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes.

Remove meat loaf from pan. Cut into 10 slices. Yield: 5 servings (serving size: 2 slices).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity