about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Charleston Recap

I was excited to go visit Charleston as I have never been but heard great things. As soon as we got in town we went to a restaurant called Hominy Grill. My sister does major research when we go on trips. She found this place because man vs food went here and it had really high ratings. It was sort of a hole in the wall but still very cute. The two dishes that were described on man vs food was exactly what my sister and I ordered. Shrimp and Grits and the "Big Nasty." Let me just explain to you what was on the big nasty. It is probably one of the most unhealthy things you could order at any restaurant. It was a biscuit with a piece of fried chicken on it, with sausage gravy and a slice of cheese on top. It was actually very good. I took a picture just to send to my husband because he would have loved it. It was impossible to fit the whole thing in your mouth so we sort of took it apart to eat it. (let me just say all we did was eat and drink the whole time)

We then went and did some shopping on King Street. We parked right in front of this furniture store and I was in heaven. It was upholstered furniture galore with amazing patterned fabrics and everything southern that I loved. We walked for quite a while in and out of a bunch of stores and then landed on this Olive Oil store. They have all these different infused olive oils that you could try with bread. It was amazing. I bought garlic Olive Oil for my mother-in-law because she loves to cook. they also had aged balsamic vinegar that was very delicious!

We tried to walk through the Market, which is like a flea market per say. It was so stinking hot though and I had to take a break for a drink, so we went into this bar that use to be a church but was transformed into a bar/restaurant. It was really neat!


That night we went to the most delicious Italian restaurant. If you are ever in Charleston you need to go. Its called Bocci's.
All of their pasta is homemade and it was absolutely divine. Okay I had to take another picture so I could show my husband (he would have appreciated it alot, obviously we love food) This was my chicken Parmesan after I was done eating. it was the biggest thing I've ever seen in my life. My sister's dinner was amazing and my mom's Cesar salad was the best I've ever had.



We went out to this cool wine bar afterwards and just people watched and got huge blisters on our feet from walking around the side walks and cobblestone in high heels. Not a good idea.

The next day we went through the market, went to a "coyote ugly" bar for drinks in the afternoon. My only request was to go see some of the nice houses. Which to be honest I was not impressed with how there were only like two streets of really beautiful houses. I thought the whole city was just full of them and it wasn't what I expected. There definitely was some pretty ones though. Here are some of my favorites.





We went to Tsunami for sushi that night for dinner, which again was amazing and ended up at this cool bar I believe called "Light. All in all we had a great time and it is definitely a place I would go back to visit, definitely wouldn't move there but its a nice weekend getaway. Amazing food to say the least.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity