about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

4th of July BBQ

I don't know what our plans are for 4th of July especially since it falls on a Wednesday which stinks since most people have to work the next day! (not me) Hopefully we will be spending it either on our boat or at the beach in the sun, but I'm sure we will end up cooking out and I will be making this side dish from SkinnyTaste.Com. I am italian and love my carbs so when someone says its okay to have them in a healthy way count me in. It is only 3 ww pts and 115 calories for 1 cup. Yes Please!

Summer Macaroni Salad with Tomatoes and Zucchini- 


Summer Pasta Salad with Tomatoes and Zucchini
Skinnytaste.com
Servings: 16  Size: 1 cup  Old Points: 2 pts  Points+: 3 pts
Calories: 115 • Fat: 2 g • Carb: 23 g • Fiber: 3.3 g • Protein: 3.7 g • Sugar: 1 g
Sodium: 77 mg  (without the salt)

Ingredients:
  • 16 oz uncooked elbows
  • 4 cups grape tomatoes, cut in half
  • 2 cups (1 small) zucchini, sliced and quartered
  • 1/2 cup red onion, finely chopped
  • 7 tbsp light mayonnaise (Hellman's)
  • 2 1/2 tbsp red wine vinegar
  • 2 tbsp fat free Greek yogurt
  • 2 tsp Dijon mustard
  • 1/4 tsp oregano
  • 1/4 tsp garlic powder
  • salt and pepper to taste


Directions:

Cook pasta in generously salted water according to package directions. Drain and rinse with cold water.


In a medium bowl, combine onions, mayonnaise, vinegar, yogurt, mustard, oregano, garlic powder; mix well. Add tomatoes (and any juice from the tomato), zucchini, pasta, salt and pepper to taste, toss well and place in a large bowl.



Makes 16 cups.



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity