about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Tuesday, June 19, 2012

What's Cooking

So my husband is the guy who comes home from work and likes to have dinner on the table, but during the school year after hanging with 23 8 year olds all day that is the last thing I tend to do and he doesn't like that so much. I am making a conscious effort to cook a meal for him every night during the summer especially since I have all day to cook or I can run to publix if I need something. Again I am trying to be somewhat conscious of what I eat so I tend to turn to skinnytaste.com for quite a few of my recipes. I love how she gives you the weight watchers points since my brain has been sort of trained to count points. Tonight I am making crock pot buffalo chicken lettuce wraps. Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps Skinnytaste.com Servings: 6 • Size: 1/2 cup chicken + veggies • Old Points: 3 pts • Points+: 3 pt Calories: 147.7 • Fat: 0.1 g • Carb: 5.2 g • Fiber: 1.6 g • Protein: 24.9 g • Sugar: 1.7 g Sodium: 879 mg Ingredients: For the chicken: 24 oz boneless skinless chicken breast 1 celery stalk 1/2 onion, diced 1 clove garlic 16 oz fat free low sodium chicken broth 1/2 cup hot cayenne pepper sauce (I used Frank's) For the wraps: 6 large lettuce leaves, Bibb or Iceberg 1 1/2 cups shredded carrots 2 large celery stalks, cut into 2 inch matchsticks Directions: In a crock pot, combine chicken, onions, celery stalk, garlic and broth (enough to cover your chicken, use water if the can of broth isn't enough). Cover and cook on high 4 hours. Remove the chicken from pot, reserve 1/2 cup broth and discard the rest. Shred the chicken with two forks, return to the slow cooker with the 1/2 cup broth and the hot sauce and set to on high for an additional 30 minutes. Makes 3 cups chicken. To prepare lettuce cups, place 1/2 cup buffalo chicken in each leaf, top with 1/4 cup shredded carrots, celery and dressing of your choice. Wrap up and start eating! The other night I made cheesy jalapeno popper baked stuffed chicken. It was amazing! I dont even like jalapenos so I took out all the seeds and it wasn't spicy at all. Definitely recommend making it. Jeff enjoyed it too. Cheesy Jalapeño Popper Baked Stuffed Chicken Skinnytaste.com Servings: 4 • Serving Size: 2 stuffed breasts • Old Points: 9 pt • Points+: 9 pts Calories: 371 • Fat: 17.5 g • Protein: 42.7 g • Carb: 11 g • Fiber: 1.5 g • Sugar: 0.6 g Sodium: 355.8 mg (without salt) Ingredients: 2 slices center cut bacon, cooked and crumbled 3 jalapeños, chopped (remove seeds for milder) 3 oz 1/3 less fat cream cheese, softened 4 oz reduced fat shredded cheddar jack (Sargento) 2 tbsp chopped scallions 8 thin sliced skinless chicken breast cutlets, 3 oz each 1/2 cup Italian seasoned whole wheat breadcrumbs 1 1/2 juicy limes, juice of 1 tbsp olive oil salt and fresh pepper olive oil non-stick spray Directions: Wash and dry chicken cutlets, season with salt and pepper. Preheat oven to 450°. Lightly spray a baking dish with non-stick spray. Combine cream cheese, cheddar, scallions, jalapeño and bacon crumbles in a medium bowl. Lay chicken cutlets on a working surface and spread 2 tbsp of cream cheese mixture on each cutlet. Loosely roll each one, secure the ends with toothpicks to prevent the cheese from oozing out. Place breadcrumbs in a bowl; in a second bowl combine olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Dip chicken in lime-oil mixture, then in breadcrumbs and place seam side down on a baking dish. Repeat with the remaining chicken. When finished, lightly spray the top of the chicken with oil spray. Bake 22-25 minutes, serve immediately.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity