about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Sunday, October 25, 2009

Saying Goodbye

Jeff's grandfather passed away this past weekend. He was an amazing man and I have had the privilege of meeting him on several occasions ever since Jeff and I first started dating. I know he was such an important part of Jeff's life, his middle name is Albert named after his grandfather. This weekend we headed up North due to Jeff's football game little did we know his grandfather was going to pass away the same weekend. All of the extended family came in from out of town so it was a great time for all of us to hang out and jeff got to come back with us after his football game. Today they went to the World War II memorial in Washington D.C., as Pop Pop had so many amazing stories to share with us from his time over in the war. Jeff sent me a picture that just was really touching of the little floral arrangement and banner they left at the memorial for Pop Pop. Although we lost a special person on earth, heaven gained an amazing man and we know he is watching from above. He has touched so many lives during his time on earth. One of the last things he told the doctor was, "I have to get better I have a football game to go watch on Saturday", that was so special to Jeff. Here's a picture of the memorial they left.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity