about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend Recap

I finally have the time/energy to blog. We had a busy weekend and I have literally have been cleaning, doing laundry or arts and craft projects non stop when I do have free time.

Friday Jeff and I went out to dinner and a movie with Allie and Brandon. Us girls wanted to see Killers and the boys wanted to see Meet at the Greek (or whatever it was called) we let the boys win and we were so wrong in our decision. There were funny parts of the movie but overall it was not good in my eyes. Although i'm sure the boys would beg to differ.
Saturday I got up and ran around town with my mom and dad to pick out fabric for their window treatments etc. The remodeling of their house is almost complete. It looks great thus far. They just need to get the wood put in sometime this week hopefully and get some accessories and now I think they are leaning towards new furniture as well.
Then Jeff and I went over to my friend Lauren's moms house. Her little sister graduated high school and they were having a little get together so Lauren and her husband came over from Tallahassee, so we went to hang with our long lost friends who moved away!

So needless to say we had a busy weekend. I have been busy getting things together for my classroom for next year. I have been making tissue flowers and hot gluing lady bugs, flowers and bumble bee's.
I went today with my mom to school to get some measurements for my window curtains and I am putting Jeff to the test with his carpentry skills.
I want him to build me a "L" shaped bench and it have cubbies underneath for books. Then I will get some cute cushions and the kids can go over there and read a book when they have free time. I am going to make a tree out of bulletin board paper and have it out hanging over the bench so its like they are reading under a tree. So we will see how that all works. It sounds like a great idea but to see if it all comes together is another issue.

Hope everyone had a great weekend. I got some good weddings and details to share this week. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity