about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Wood Wood Wood!

So my mom and dad's wood floors finally got put in and they finished up today. They look fabulous. My love for wood floors grew just a little bit more. I always tell Jeff that is just not something I am willing to budge on. I rather have a smaller house that is full of wood then a big one full of carpet!

My parents got a great dark wood called peppercorn. Its hand-scraped and wide planked and has grooves so if someone dents the floor or drops something it will almost be unnoticeable.
Tonight I went with my parents and settled on all the new living room furniture. Its going to look so great. My dad and I have pretty much the same taste. I am my father's daughter. I blame him for my love of everything expensive. As I fell in love with a beautiful living room set at the store the other day and it was priced completely ridiculous and so far fetched and unreasonable. (depressing) I am excited for one day when I get to furnish a house. There are just so many decision and fabrics and finishes to choose from.
I will for sure take pictures when its all complete with the new furniture and drapes. May be a while since the couch and ottoman takes a couple weeks and the upholstered chairs are suppose to take 6 to 8 weeks.

here is the wood they chose...


I am off to bed have to get up early tomorrow to take the kids I am watching this summer to camp and then I have to come home and pack Jeff and I as we are heading to Lake City for the night to see his parents for the night.

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen hardwoods like that before, but I really like it! I bet it looks fabulous in your parents' home!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Admirable job. It is really great to see some great posts around the web. I was just browsing to find some projects for inspiration and I am glad I stumbled to your blog. Keep up the good work. conservatories

    ReplyDelete

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity