about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Juicing my way to being healthy

I have heard so much about juicers lately and to be honest I think I want to try it. Not sure how it will go, but I have been looking for a reasonable one. who knew there were so many different types that range from 50 bucks to 300. I don't want to waste a bunch of money but it is so good for you to get all the nutrients and it helps your skin. I am starting to panic about not taking good enough care of my skin while I'm young because it is fine and then what it will be like when im 40. So I'm starting to try to be healthier and take better care of it. I read that  by eating fruits and veggies, we absorb 30% of the nutrients and by juicing we absorb 90%Here are the few I was looking at that are under 100 bucks so it isn't to bad. I am sure if I hate it I can always give it to my sister and she will find a use for it for Delainey.

Target

Bed Bath and Beyond
Jeff has bet me to try not to shop for the entire month of February. I asked for a little bit of clarification but he said clothing or things we don't need! He thinks I have an issue and I won't be able to do it, but I will prove him wrong I have self control. He said the only exception is when we go to Colorado we can shop so I agreed.  I am guessing the juicer will be apart of not being a necessity, so I better find some time to go scoop this baby up before Friday! 

This is the first recipe I will be trying. Sounds delish!

  • 1 Kiwi - Peeled
  • 6 Strawberries - Medium
  • 1 Orange or 2 Clementines - Peeled
  • 1/2 Mango - Peeled and Sliced
  • 1 cup Pineapple Chunks - Fresh
  • 1/2 cup Coconut Water - Fresh or Canned

I was reading an article the other day listing some veggies you should use for weight loss. here is the list. I may be in trouble because they all sound disgusting to me!
Cruciferous Vegetables List To Use When Juicing For Weight Loss:
  • Cauliflower (white or purple)
  • Broccoli (green or purple)
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Kale (green or purple)
  • Bok choy (chinese cabbage or pak choi)
  • Cabbage (green, red or purple)
  • Collards greens
  • Watercress
  • Radish
  • Broccoli sprouts
  • Arugula (rocket)
  • Kohlrabi (white or purple)
  • Mustard greens
  • Turnip
  • Broccoflower
  • Daikon

    It won't hurt to try so I will let you know how it goes! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity