about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pops Birthday

It's my dads birthday today! He is my favorite man in the world (other than Jeff)! He makes our family be who we are with the help of my mother! We are lucky to live only a few miles from my parents so we are with each other quite a few times every week! I tell Jeff he is out of luck trying to get me to move out of Jacksonville because my parents, sister, and I are all within 7 or 8 miles of each other! We are heading over to my parents to cook out and the kids are making all the food. He had one request that it be healthy so we all are cooking recipes off skinnytaste.com so we will see how it works out.

I made that pasta salad I posted a couple days ago. I tried a little bite and it was very good for using only a little bit of light mayo and greek yogurt. I hate greek yogurt but you can't even taste it.


I also made a dip because we are big appetizer type of family. I saw this on pinterest yesterday and it looked good. Not so healthy with all the cream cheese, but oh well! 
It calls for red peppers but I didn't have any in my fridge so I used green and yellow, jalapenos, 16 oz of cream cheese (you could always use reduced fat), 1 can of corn, 1 hidden valley ranch packet. It also called for olives, but noone in my family likes them so I left them out. 
You serve with crackers. It is really good and easy to make. 


Off to celebrate with my family and cousins. 
Happy Birthday Dad! We love you



No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity