about me

My photo
I am a 20 something Florida girl who loves the Lord, planning parties, traveling, and most importantly spending time with my wonderful husband and two little girls, Georgia & Ivy.

Monday, July 2, 2012

Weekend Recap

Jeff and I's quick getaway to Hammock Beach this past weekend was so nice and relaxing. We really did nothing but eat, drink and lay by the pool. It was extremely hot so we really had to be in the pool for the most part! They had live music by the pool and you can just float around with a drink in your hand it doesn't get much better than that. It is quite hilarious to see Jeff try to fit in one of those small tubes then once he is in he can't get out. I should have taken a picture! There were two weddings there that weekend so we had a lot of entertainment.


Here is our room we stayed in! Don't mind Jeff on the bed! It was so big and had a full kitchen so it would be nice to go for a week and you can bring all your own food & drinks.
 Our view from the balcony.


So Jeff's favorite meal of the day is by far breakfast! He loves going out to eat for breakfast every weekend. So we did a little research to see the top rated breakfast joints around where we were and everyone kept saying this place called By The Sea was where we had to go. So we drove about 10 miles south to Flagler beach to this little run down place. I have to tell you I was pretty apprehensive going in there but Jeff talked me into it.  Anyways we sat outside on the patio where they had this huge stuffed animal starring at me which was a little to much. But it ended out being probably the best breakfast either one of us had! It was delicious and the staff was so nice.


Yes, we ordered this much food! My omelette was delicious and everything else was part of Jeff's Country breakfast! It was crazy all of that food came with his and it honestly was like $6.00, we couldn't believe it. But yes Jeff did finish all of that plus what was left of mine. He wasn't hurting afterwards but said it was completely worth it.

I ran into my childhood best friend, Christi, while we were down there. She was on a girls weekend with some friends so it was nice to hang out with her Saturday night!

We made it back home worn out from the sun and tired of eating all weekend! We have two weeks till a friends wedding in NC and then a little over a month until my brothers wedding in New Orleans, so we are on the wedding weigh down around our house! I decided to make Grilled Bruschetta Chicken off Skinny Taste last night for dinner. It was really good and super easy to make.
Recipe


No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Blog Design by Sweet Simplicity